Online video sites like YouTube are a great resource for entertainment, tutorials, and more. Problem is, sometimes we don’t have access to a WiFi network or the data plan allows for a limited amount of usage. This can make it hard to watch the videos we want when we want them, but never fear! There’s an app out there that will allow you to download YouTube videos with just one tap of your finger. I’ve found this app called 4K Video Downloader that has been working really well; you can find it in the Play Store.
Youtube Downloader Types
Online converters are web-based tools that allow you to paste in a YouTube URL and download the video as an MP4 file. These are usually free to use, but they have a few downsides. Many of them are ad-supported, and some of them limit the length of videos that you can download.
Browser extensions are small pieces of software that you can add to your web browser to add extra features. There are a few browser extensions that allow you to download YouTube videos. These usually have similar downsides to online converters, but they’re generally more reliable.
Desktop software is designed to be installed on your computer and provides more features and flexibility than either online converters or browser extensions. Some desktop software can even edit YouTube videos before downloading them. Many of these programs are free, but some of the more advanced ones require a paid subscription.
Pros and Cons of the Top 5 Youtube Downloaders
There are a ton of YouTube downloaders out there. But which one is the best? And more importantly, which one doesn’t suck?
To help you answer that question, we’ve put together a list of the pros and cons for the top 5 YouTube downloaders.
- Free Youtube Downloader
-Downloads videos in MP4 format at up to 1080p resolution
-Allows you to download multiple videos at once
-Has a built-in converter for other video formats
-Integrates with your web browser for easy downloading
-Supports downloading subtitles and closed captions
-Adware is bundled with the installer unless you opt out during installation
-Only available for Windows
How to Pick a YouTube Downloader
There are a lot of YouTube downloaders out there. So, how do you pick one that doesn’t suck? Here are a few things to look for:
- Ease of use. The best YouTube downloaders are ones that are easy to use. You shouldn’t have to be a tech expert to figure out how to use them.
- Compatibility. Make sure the YouTube downloader you choose is compatible with your operating system and web browser.
- Features. Some YouTube downloaders offer more features than others. Look for one that has the features you need, such as the ability to convert videos into different formats or download videos in HD quality.
- Customer support. If you have any problems using the YouTube downloader, you should be able to get help from the company’s customer support team.
- Free trial. Many YouTube downloaders offer a free trial so you can try before you buy. This is a great way to make sure the downloader meets your needs before you commit to paying for it.
How to Install and Use a YouTube Downloader
Assuming you’ve already downloaded a YouTube downloader (see above), installation is pretty simple. Just open the file you’ve downloaded and follow the instructions. Once it’s installed, open the program and look for the “Add URL” button. Paste in the URL of the YouTube video you want to download and click “OK.”
The program will then start downloading the video. Depending on your internet connection, this could take a while. Once it’s done, you can find the video in whichever folder you specified when you were installing the program. From there, you can watch it offline or convert it into another format if you’d like.